In alignment with the Melbourne Declaration Goals for Young Australians our approach to teaching and learning includes:
· Promoting equity and excellence for all learners
· Enabling all students to become successful learners, confident and creative individuals; and active and informed citizens
· Considers lifelong learning
· Offers expanded opportunities within a variety of contexts
· Encourages a flexible approach
· Reflects a connected curriculum when and where appropriate and possible
· Has Literacy, Numeracy and Information Communication Learning Technologies embedded in all curriculum areas
In 2013, Sts Peter and Paul’s School will continue to plan, teach, assess and report on the Australian Curriculum for English, Mathematics, Science and History. The Queensland curriculum will be maintained for all other learning areas.
Use of technological tools (computers, videos, cameras, microphones, iPods, digital microscope, interactive whiteboads) is embedded within our integrated units. Programs are widely used to research, communicate and present the learning that occurs in this school.
We have specialist classes in the areas of The Arts (Drama and Music) and Physical Education. Japanese lessons are conducted from Years 4-7.